The Texas Holocaust, Genocide, and Antisemitism Advisory Commission (THGAAC) strives to fulfill its duties in supporting public education and awareness of the Holocaust, other genocides, and antisemitism in Texas by:
- conducting a biennial study and submit a report on antisemitism in Texas to the governor and the Legislature
- providing advice and assistance to public and private primary and secondary schools and institutions of higher education in Texas
- meeting with and providing information and assistance to public and private organizations
- compiling a list of volunteer speakers who have agreed to share their knowledge and experiences regarding the Holocaust and other genocides
- annually coordinating events in Texas memorializing the Holocaust and other genocides and soliciting volunteers to participate in commemorative events
- collaborating with groups to support efforts to recognize International Holocaust Remembrance Day and making recommendations on whether it should be a state holiday
The THGAAC and the Texas Historical Commission (THC) are authorized to cooperate with other organizations, elected officials, and state agencies, including the Texas Education Agency (TEA), Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), and Texas Veterans Commission (TVC).