The Texas Holocaust and Genocide Commission strives to meet its mission of educating the Texas public about the Holocaust and modern genocides. Through various programs, the THGC attempts to reach as wide an audience as possible throughout the state. Currently, THGC staff and commissioners work on:
- Dr. Steinberger Outstanding Educator Award of $1,000
- Educator Grants
- Educator Workshops
- Holocaust Remembrance Week
- Lydon B. Johnson's "Operation Texas"
- Non-Profit Grants
- Partnering with Yahad-in Unum and their exhibit Holocaust by Bullets
- Student Contests
- Traveling Exhibits (currently touring The Texas Liberator)
Because we are a state commission, we rely on the Friends of the Texas Holocaust and Genocide Commission 501(c)3 non-profit to help fund some of the programs, grants, and awards that we facilitate. With their help, we are able to continue programs like our annual student contests and educator grants year after year.