The Fortunoff Video Archive of Yale Manuscripts & Archives will host an online event marking the publication of a special issue of the Journal of Holocaust Research in commemoration of the 90th birthday of Professor Lawrence Langer. Langer, Professor Emeritus at Simmons College, who also contributed a piece to this special issue, remains one of the most productive, important thinkers and authors on Holocaust testimony.
Please join Yale Manuscripts & Archives for a series of short presentations by contributors to the special issue, as well as a response by Professor Langer.
Join the event on November 1, 2020 at 9:00 A.M. CST.
The following scholars who contributed to the volume will present a short summary of their papers:
- Michal Aharony, Editor, Journal of Holocaust Research
- Gabriel Finder, Co-editor, Professor in the Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures and the Jewish Studies Program at the University of Virginia
- Jennifer L. Geddes, Associate Professor of Religious Studies, University of Virginia
- Sarah Horwitz, Professor of Comparative Literature and Humanities at York University, Toronto
- Lawrence Langer, Professor Emeritus, Simmons College
- Barry Langford, Professor, Film Studies, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Joanne Rudof, Former Archivist, Fortunoff Video Archive
- Noah Shenker, N. Milgrom and 6a Foundation Senior Lecturer in Holocaust and Genocide Studies within the Australian Centre for Jewish Civilisation at Monash University
- Dawn Skorczewski, Co-editor, Research Professor of English at Brandeis University, CLUE+ Fellow, VU Amsterdam
- Dan Stone, Co-editor, Professor of Modern History, Royal Holloway, University of London
Click here for more information on the volume.